John F. Berninger, President
Engaging in analysis of engineering issues related to liability, including expert witness. Have served in this field for over 25 years with experience in field examinations, depositions, analysis of testimony, and trial. Specialty is mechanical engineering and fluid power equipment (hydraulics and pneumatics).
Cases involving fluid power systems have included: explosion in tanning factory, regulator bursting on pressurized CO2 bottle, acid spill on railroad siding, fire in vegetable warehouse, hand-held pressurized equipment, machinery injuries, steel mill fire, cement mixer death, amputations on industrial saws, etc.
- BSME, 1958; MSME 1966 both from Illinois Institute of Technology.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Illinois and Michigan.
- Certified Fluid Power Engineer by the Fluid Power Society.
- Diplomat, American Board of Forensic Examiners
- Retired from Parker Hannifin Corp. as Global engineering manager 2002.
- Activie in the National Fluid Power Association (Milwaukee):
- Member of several standards committees - wrote 13 industry standards.
- Past Chair of the Technical Board; Past Chair of the USA Technical Advisory Panel.
- Activities in the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- Member of several standards committees - wrote 8 ISO standards
- Convenor of the Pneumatic Valve working group 1989-2011.
- Chair of the entire ISO TC 131 Technical Committee since Jan. 2003.
- Member of the ANSI Board of Standards Review 2004-2011.
Full CV and samples of analytical work available on request.